Friday, February 5, 2010

phone photos

Hubby came home with a card to get my photos off my phone. I've had it for almost 3 years, but could never get the photos off. It was pretty cool to see the kids so little and a few places we visited over the years.
I often use the phone to take pics of inspirational things when I'm out.
Like this crochet blanket!!!!

I'm not quite sure where it's from, but I think maybe Anthropologie??? Not sure. My one trip there for 3 minutes before they closed. drool drool.

Here's a pic I had taken this past Christmas of me in my caroling garb. Luckily, it wasn't a cold day for that 3 hour gig in a little, wee, tiny strip mall. There was even a time where we just stood in a little patch of sunlight with no wind and sang and sang and sang. There were many grateful people stopping and commenting at that place. Maybe that's why I choose that gig every year.


This is where we spent a lot of the past summer and will probably spend this summer there also. It is a beach about 5 minutes from here. We would meet friends under the tree and have to move our blankets throughout the day for it's shade.
All the children were most happiest there. No squabbles, many imaginative games and adventures and just a big buffet of food for the taking. And the adults actually had many opportunities for real conversation, uninterrupted. And many a
tooth fairy bag stitched up. Ah, the lovely days of summer.


Oh, here's a recent project. My son's teacher has 3 boys in hockey. So I imagined she spent at least some time at the arena. So I whipped up these little handwarmers. I used the same kind of patchwork as found in
these wristlets. Then put rice in them. Warm them in the microwave for a minute and you're good to go.


Off to go family skating tonight. it's a calm day here and not much below zero. skating at night is a fun way to welcome the weekend. Rosy cheeks and a bit of hot chocolate and smelling of fresh air before bed.

have a great weekend,
Amanda

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the photos at the beach! It's wonderful! I love the shadow from the shade tree leading to the rocks leading to the kids. Only thing it needs is your and my feet poking into the pic at the bottom!

Bailey said...

I was wondering how you kept the hand warmers warm by the time you got to the arena... I made some warmers lately, and they won't stay warm long enough.
:)