Monday, February 1, 2010

mesh beach bag

How about a little bit of summer thinking?
I got this idea from Amanda Blake Soule's Handmade Home
She made a treasure beach bag made from window mesh. I decided to make a larger bag for the beach towels and other beach things. It sounds like a great idea. You don't go home with sand in your bag to track all over the house and it won't get soggy when you throw wet towels and bathing suits in it.

I made this one for my niece who will be going to Florida in a few months. The one for my nephew is waiting for DH to put new needles in my serger. yep, I broke both of them. Sewing on mesh is not easy on the machine or needle. This bag was done with the sewing machine and a zig-zag stitch.

I put a little hook inside to clip on keys, waterbottle, etc.

it is rather large, but she is 11, so it won't be as big on her as it is with my kids.
Look at Neve, I think she can fit in it herself!

My lion is all machine sewed up and waiting for me to put the details on it. I love the wool fabric. yum. I can't wait to start making the mane. It will be the icing on the cake... I hope.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

2 comments:

trish at Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

what a great idea! I still have sand in our big beach bag - truth be told, i kinda leave it there as a subtle reminder to myself (:

Bailey said...

I like my bag a lot... just got it in the mail yesterday... I think Coady likes his too. He's really happy that he has the most pockets out of everybody... lol
These would also be great for camping to when we go swimming.
Thanks again