Saturday, February 13, 2010

hearts hearts hearts

Thursday saw a flurry of heart related activities around here.
Valentines were being written, mama was whipping up some felt bracelets and the Shower curtain was updated.(last week)

Oh, almost forgot, the lady bug note in the top picture is from skip to my lou. Mine has been altered a bit. You still have time to make a few.

For the bracelet, I just cut the felt with my scallop rotary cutter blade to fancy it up and glued a heart on it. For the ties, I crocheted 2 colours of thread and sewed it on each side.

Some of the kids at the parenting centre are always interested in what I'm making, so it was nice to give them something of their own.

And the long shot of the curtain. Yes, there are still snowflakes on it, it is still winter.

And close up. I used stickyback felt stickers from the dollar store, but I punched holes in them instead of sticking them. The stick is VERY sticky. And just sewed them on.


Hope you're having a very heartful weekend.
Amanda

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Just love the curtain. Would be wonderful to have that tree printed on the kids wall and update it the way you are doing!

trish Preston said...

The curtain is just great! Love all your felt projects you've been doing lately...super cute Lion!