Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ikea Panel sewn Bag

Sorry, couldn't come up with a title...
But Look what I MADE LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!!!!


I bought this pattern on my 1st trip to Fabricland a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the right fabric. On a trip to Ikea yesterday, i SCORED!! This is a curtain panel. It has all of this in one piece of fabric. And I still have the pink/yellow, Orange/white, Blue/white colour combos to explore.
This is the small version. (it holds a diaper, diaper wipe box, cell phone, keys, compact, crochet pencil case, granola bar and a few more things.) My DH was even excited about it and wants me to make the big one for myself so DD can have the little one. I can see us now, matching dresses, bags, Oh dear.

The patterns calls for a zipper, but I didn't have one so I used a snap. I have some ideas to change it up for the next one. I will add a lining and a pocket inside I think. Can't wait to get to the sewing room again.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: