Monday, May 12, 2008

1st card I ever made


And the 1st stamp set I ever owned! Loads of Love from Stampin' UP!.
This coming Father's day marks the 2 year anniversary of my introduction to stamping.

It is an annual visit to Ottawa for a sailing regatta. This time, I brought some pics to scrapbook with the help of a good friend, Chrissy. When I asked her to help, she did and then told me she was more into stamping now. When she introduced me to it, I was is love. i don't know if I breathed. i was so excited inside to do it. I was 8 months pregnant and 1 week before starting maternity leave early due to work stress. That weekend was the 1st time I felt relaxed in 8 months! It was so free and lovely to create.

Being pregnant, I didn't know how much time I would get to actually stamp when Neve was born. rafael was such a difficult baby, I imagined my time being stuck on my butt nursing. lol But she is her own, and she was a good baby. I had time to create and I wasn't so stressed out. Maybe it was being a mom for the 2nd time.

Anyhow, I ordered the Loads of Love set, white ink and 12x12 earth elements and off I went. As you can see, I used it a bit in the beginning. I still love to colour that set with chaulks and am looking forward to seeing what I'll make this year for Father's Day cards with it.




Sorry for the poor quality of photos. It was before my intro to the world of blogging and I was only taking pics to keep as an idea file.

Oh yes, I did get to shop tonight and picked up a few things at Joann's. They had great sales, but Michael's didn't have any. I did get Martha Stewart's butterfly punch though. Looking forward to using that one.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: