Saturday, October 2, 2010

softie trees

Last year, I bought the FaLaLaLa Felt book online before it came out in book form. I'm beginning to think a lot like Christmas in my head, so I pulled out some wool suiting material I bought in the ends section in the middle of a heat wave (hugely discounted!) and went to print out the pattern.

Oh. My. Goodness!! What trouble I had. My fault. Every time I scanned and tried to resize, it would come out the same size on the printed page. Frustrating. after 1 hour! Yes, 1 hour of cutting into my crafting alone time, I realized the problem: The printer was set on fit to page. So no matter what size it was configured to, it was going to be the same. I tell you so you don't have to go through it too! here endeth the lesson for today.

On to the project:

I had fun with my QuicKutz dies and have made quite a mess on the floor upstairs. But that is upstairs, not where we live everyday, so there it will stay.
A bit of reverse applique...


Here they are together. I call this my small size.


emm, I was so chatty at the beginning, I have nothing left to say!

Have a good weekend!
Amanda

4 comments:

Valerie at Mommy's Muse said...

Very sweet! Christmas is sneaking up, isn't it?

twolittleseeds said...

LOVE! xxx

angelina said...

darling trees..i love my book. xo

momma rae said...

they are so cute!