Thursday, November 5, 2009

fabulous find!!

We took a dart into the value Village on the way to the bank today. I just had this pull to go in. And this is what i found!

Hung and lost in the curtain section. The felt pieces drew my attention 1st. When I pulled it out, I couldn't believe it! the kids liked it, it didn't smell, it has perfect stitching and will go perfectly in their bedroom.

I assume it is hand sewn, look at the stitches on the ladybug's legs. Same for the bird legs.




Cute doggie

and the bird.


I'm thinking it is a bit dated, but much appreciated in it's new home. I wish I knew the history behind it. Someone was very patient, talented and had some time.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

Felt sandwich tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you rescued it and that your giving it a loving home! Such care went into it's creation. Good on you!

Anonymous said...

My son just looked at the image and said it is "Topsy and Tim" characters from a little book their grandmother reads them. She had these books given to her when she was a little girl in England.