Tuesday, September 1, 2009

denim skirt bag

My sister always teases that her daughter should have been born to me, as she is a crafty girl herself. This past trip (we're back now) to visit my family afforded me some one on one time with her. I taught her to crochet and she made a little bag. Meant to teach her how to do the flower, but time ran out. I'll direct her to the youtube site I learned on.

She also has an interest in sewing and wanted to make this skirt into a bag. Great ideas she had and we worked together on making it happen.


She has plans to paint some gold pears on the skirt, so I made this little embellishment to put on the front. It isn't sewn on the bag at present, as we didn't think of it until we were done and everyone was waiting for us to finish so they could go home. lol


I put some snaps under the belt and used the button holer for the front flap. Easy peasy. Love the serger. Must put it on my save up for it list.


And here are a few kiddie photos for the family to see of them at Eastern Passage, NS. there is a little fishermen village where there are little shops. I found the Newfie one there!!! That's 2 Newfie stores in the last month I've just stumbled upon. Loves me lime pop and roast chicken chips maid.


After those huge frozen treats, we took a little walk around the protected beach area. Ah, the smell of the salt water and all that stinkin' seaweed!


'Twas lovely to visit my family, and 'tis nice to be home.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: