Sunday, August 30, 2009

from coveralls to a bag

This is a quick, don't look too closely at the stitches kinda project.

I need another bag to take home all the schtuff the kids got, and me too, on the airplane.
We have so many duffel bags at home, I didn't want to buy another one. So this came to mind.


It's a coverall made from the practically indestructible fabric(?) that I got for a buck, yes a BUCK, at the fabric store. It already had a zipper, so I went with it. Cut off the arms and legs and started sewing.


I put some handles on it and sewed the corners to make it more of a box shape. Let's hope it makes the trip in the baggage storage!


Just one more day here. It's been cold and rainy the past few days b/c of another weatherfront. It wasn't as bad as hurricane Bill, but there was soooo much rain. This afternoon, the sun finally came out again and it was warm. I'm hoping it's still warm in Toronto. Squeeze out the last few days before Rafael goes back to school. It's a new alternative school he's going to this year. In the same building as his school last year. We shall see what this year unfolds!

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: