Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! and some crochet flowers

HOwdy! Howdy!! Happy New Year! Bon annee!

We're having a lovely time at my sister in law's place in Laval, Quebec. My french is very high school 18 years ago, but I love trying to remember the words. i think I actually made a sentence today. lol

here is the table setting for the New year's party. We had fondue. i've never experienced a Quebec fondue. they had all kinds of game: deer, elk, goose, lamb, bison, shrimp, salmon, beef, chicken. My son stayed up past midnight and tried almost all of the meats. So like his dad, not mama. i stick to pigs, chicken and cows. thank you very much.


This is the yule log a neighbour brought over. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the decoration on top. It's like it hasn't changed since the 60s or 70s. isn't it great>>!!!!


I've been busy here, learning how to make crochet flowers. My sister in law was taught by her late mother. So she brought out all of her mother's supplies and we found some lovely threads. We went to the scrapbook store and found some flowers for sale. 8 flowers for 9.99!!!!! Crazy. So we've been experimenting with different styles. What fun. I love the productivity of it. Sit for a few minutes and you have a flower. And it's very portable. you'll be seeing more of these in future. i have a picture of my daughter that I want to scrap using them.


We're off to brunch with a friend from my Acadia days, then off to Ottawa for a night to see another great Acadia friend. then back to Toronto to the real world. bleck.

Hope you had a great end to your 2008 and look forward to many new things in 2009.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you were doing this! We must talk. You must teach. JB