Wednesday, January 21, 2009

pout much?

Whipped this layout up tonight, This is the photo I wanted to use my crochet flowers on. I've been making all kinds and shapes and sizes. But the other day, I bought this bazzil textured paper and had it on my desk. I also was looking thru my bucket of primas (bought at Stamping Bella) and had them on the paper. BAM! idea came to mind.


I was first thinking of putting different coloured thread in the buttons, but decided to make it monochromatic when I found this slippery cotton in my embroidery floss box. Yes, the picture is yellow. I special effect-ed it that way. Had I known I was going to do this layout, I probably would have antiqued it a bit or washed it out some more. The letters some from a stack, I mean , maybe over 75 pages of letter punchouts I bought at a 2nd hand sale for 2 bucks!! Colours galore!

I shall use this kind of layout again. I'm curious to try it with coloured thread.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's lovely. Your work aint bad either! JB

Anonymous said...

Super adorable!

Bailey said...

Another one of my faves!