Saturday, April 12, 2008

happy neighbourhood


So this card almost hit the garbage pile a few times. I think i may have rescued it?? Whadda ya think?

The image is "Happy Neighbourhood" from Stamping Bella. She just released it yesterday. My colouring is so NOT Emmabella's:} And my colour scheme? What was I thinking? Well, I took it from the bright paper selection. The paper is core paper that is coming into a craze. When you send, tear, distress, it has an underlying colour. I put it through my cuttlebug and sanded the raised parts to get the white parts. capiche? The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink "Year round puns".

Cutting the image on an angle and raising it on pop dots helped and the sentiment also. My lovely husband, the engineer, just wasn't feeling the love of it until it was totally completed. Now I think he accepts it for what it is.:} In it's creation process, he looks at it and says, "sooo, what would you use that for? " At that point, I think I said, "scrap". lol

So there you go. A behind the scenes peek into my stamping process.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: