Friday, April 11, 2008

Bootiful dresses and bathing suits and umbreallas oh my!

I had a great day today playing with other people's ideas. That lead to a few ideas of my own. I've been on the lookout for cards that are 3D. Here are is an example from Barb Schram at http://barbschram.blogspot.com The bodice of the dress uses the boot from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set. And the skirt uses the strawberry bottom. The hanger uses 2 stem pieces. Isn't it ingenious? It inspired me to make the bathing suit also. I was set out to make a onesie, but without sleeves,it looked more like a bathing suit.

I also played with my cookie cutter dies from QuickKutz. The largest scallop circle was the card base. Can you pick out a little embossing on it?? The embossed edge is really big right now with the use of Spellbinder's Nestabilities. I bought my cuttlebug so I could buy them, but haven't yet. But Surprise,surprise!! It happened (a little) with the cookie cutter. SU paper doubled is thick. Guess that's why it happened. bonus.

I've added the umbrella since last night. The handle is a gold,as this colour scheme is for a bridal shower. I need a new gold ink pad.


Thanks for looking.
Amanda





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beyond fabulous! You have to post these in the papertrey gallery - genious!!!