Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stockings were hung



I had fun making this card. I was fiddling with the layout, should the rectangle go on the bottom or top, a different sentiment on the round tab punch, dotted ribbon on the card itself. Anyhow, this is what I came up with. I've not been using much in terms of embellishments lately. Find I want to have a clean card. I'm sure this phase will pass. lol

Stamp is from Inkadinkadoo, paper from Michael's Christmas slab. Sentiment from Stampin' Up "whishing you cheer" Ribbon from Walmart. (I bought a bunch fo grosgrain by the metre. Great prices!!) I'm really liking this colour combo for Christmas. I have to get more olive though.
It took me about an hour-20 minutes to make 11 of these cards. Have you ever timed yourself to mass produce? That is the most I've ever done in one shot. usually, I get too bored with one section of it and end up making only 5 and finishing the rest later. So I'm happy with my perserverance. (even if I can't spell the word)

I really should go to bed. Last night I didn't get to sleep until after 1. Waiting for the baby to wake up I guess. Once she did, I was able to get to sleep. But she woke up for real at 6:30. Her brother came in to join us in the bed. So I had 2 children blowing zerberts on my belly at 6:30 am!!! Everything was an hour or 2 early today. My timing was messed up. They both fell asleep in the car, so I drove around for a bit and had to cancel on a play date.

k, I'm off. hope my mind will stop long enough to get to sleep.
thanks for looking.

Amanda

No comments: