Thursday, October 25, 2007

candle sets




I worked on some of these sets last night. I wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I'll work on it again tonight.

Very easy, once you get the knack of it.
Stamp your image on white tissue paper. (I started with ones I needed to colour, not wise in the interest of time). Trim paper around image. Lay it on your candle. Some people prefer to put a strip of wax paper over top of that, making sure it is longer than the candle. Grasp it tight to the candle in the back as a handle.
Use your heat tool and move it over the tissue paper. The wax from the candle will melt and the tissue paper will become one with the candle. Careful not to hold the heat tool over an area too long, or your wax will run. Also, make sure your tissue paper is not wrinkled ot it won't melt flat against the candle.

For a step by step tutorial, Gina K designs has on on her blog.

I made the matching coaster on tile using stazon ink. And then a simple card to finish off the set.

I'm so into Christmas making mode, that when I see blogs with Halloween stuff on them, I'm snapped back to reality that yes, indeed, it is only October!

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: