Friday, February 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays and Tea

My friend and I have reserved Thursday afternoons for Tea and Thrifting! it's fun to have an afternoon, grown up, let's explore and chat without children interruption time.
This week, I found a few treasures. The wooden elephant puzzle is from Brocklin Toys, Middleton, NS. They don't appear to have a website, but I do love the sturdiness of it.

And the wooden dish. It is carved from one piece. I have plans to restore both wooden pieces with some steel wool and beeswax polish. I'll post the after when I get it done. I'm sure the grain will look beautiful with some polish.

And what should I do with the bowl, well, display some more treasures!

A few weeks ago, I won a blog giveaway from Lil Fish Studios
A pound of buttons! Nice to get in the mail on a cold winter day. We sat for tea and had a good look through on the table. I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts! My daughter took all the shiny buttons.

The cheery fabric under it all is a skirt. I couldn't resist. I may resize it to wear or just use it for a project. It makes me smile.

I have many more treasure to show. I think I'll have a regular Thrifty Thursday and Tea. I may happen on Fridays by the time I can get photos in the day light.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

2 comments:

ziezo said...

Lovely finds Amanda. That bowl looks like it comes from East Africa (we have them here in Kenya with the bone inset), with a bit of olive oil, or some beeswax, it will look as new.. .

Bailey said...

oooooh! Buttons!! :D