Friday, February 10, 2012

yummy cinnamon twists


drooling yet? I spied this bread thing over on I'm a Mom, not a Professional Drool drool drool
We made it last night. But i was dreaming of it as a breakfast, snacky thing instead of savory. Turns out, she got the recipe here at Just Love Cookin and it appears to be such the thing. Here's my pictorial homage to it, the sliced bread roll:
Roll out dough, I used my bread machine pizza dough recipe, which will be at the end of this post.

I melted brown sugar and cinnamon in butter. I don't think i would do this next time. it's in the oven enough to melt on it's own. Maybe. Spread it over the dough.

Roll it length wise. Please note: I only used half of the dough I made. The others look like they used the whole thing, hence, the multi layers of cut goodness that mine is lacking.

Cut the roll all the way through, length wise.

Twist them together with the cut side exposed.

Shape it into a ring. Place on pan and let it rise.

I brushed it with milk. This made the top brown too quickly before the rest was done. I put foil on top to cut down on the browning. Not a Professional one uses an egg wash. Much better.
With the other half of the dough, I made 2 little bread buns to bake for supper accompaniment.

And with the magic of internet, bing. all cooked.

And here's my twist. So yummy.

I transferred it out of the baking pan into another one before the gooey bottom got hard and sticky. Smart choice, otherwise, You'll be need to chisel the bottom off of the pan.

Here's the bread dough recipe:

1 1/2 cups of water. (Sometimes the flour needs more or less moisture. Depends on the season and where you live)
1 Teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of bread machine yeast.

Use the dough setting for 1.5 lb bread.

When I use it as pizza dough, I'll add some powdered garlic, 1 tsp cornmeal and 1 tsp Newfoundland savoury ( much like oregano, only not).

try it, so yummy.

I have a feverish girlie who finally fell asleep. Nice day of hanging out and my girlfriends came for tea and a more sock knitting lessons. Now I can get around my stalled heel and get closer to a toe!

Have a good weekend,
Amanda

2 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Yummy!! What a great idea...and so pretty, too!

hands follow heart said...

I love the way the twist looks. I bet it tastes delicious. I'm pinning it to try later!
Luciana