Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little blue pea coat

I bought Neve a long, black pea coat of sorts after Christmas. She loves it because it is what fashion girls wear.
Then I bought one, a red one, because, you know, I wanted to be cool too.
And then, the Neve doll needed one. Of course. In blue.

Now they can go out in style.

I think it's a simplicity pattern. The fabric came from a 2nd hand wool coat.

The buttons came from a wool sweater that has found a new life as a pair of mittens.

Much fun, easy to do, and I can't wait to make another, in red. Collar will be better next time.

I think she likes it.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Fantastic!

Sue Niven said...

They both look adorable, Love those coats, well done!

hands follow heart said...

Oh wow, the coat is gorgeous! Your daughter looks adorable holding the doll and with matching coats. Too cute!