Thursday, September 9, 2010

snack sack

I saw this kind of sack on someone's blog. (if you know where, please tell me)

Then I saw it in Martha Stewarts' Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts

I didn't use a pillow case as she suggested. Hers are more the size of a purse. It didn't take long at all and will take even less time when I get my serger rethreaded. grrrr.
These are holding tomatoes and muffins. Less plastic. yeah. More of these to be made.


And yippee for me, I won...
Sigrid Naturals giveaway

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Aren't these great! I've made a few up using the pillow cases ($.25 at yard finds) and scrap fabric but sewed the top two pieces together to form a "handle". I love how versatile they are. I use them to at the farmers market all the time! I love the fabric you used!! They look adorable!!!! :)

Brynn said...

Great idea. I just might need to make a few.

erin said...

Such a great idea for repurposing fabric, love the orange one. :-)

Leah said...

Those look great! Might have to whip some up soon...

Amanda said...

Those are so cute! Wanna hear something very silly... When ever I see your name at the bottom of your posts, my first thought is "wait, what did I do?" Silly silly me.