Friday, December 12, 2008

Glass ornament#1

Last night, I woke up at 3:30 when my daughter crawled into my bed. She was so restless, I didn't get back to sleep. But my mind was put to good use thinking of ways to use the STUFF i have. Too much STUFF not being used. After blurffing, i saw this kind of ornament.



I had square ones from Michael's last year. I'm sure you can still get them. Boy was this baby hard to photograph.
The image is stamped and embossed in black EP on acetate. Then i coloured it in with Sharpie markers and covered the back with white embossing powder. It boosts the colour of the image. A hole was punched at the top to hold a string. (next time, I'll use invisible thread.) You roll the acetate and insert into the top of the ornament. Oh, put the fake snow in first. My friend was over and said it needed a little something else, so I stamped the dog and cheers on the outside of the ornament and embossed. The images are from a snowglobe set from Michael's a few years ago and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Holiday greetings.


Kinda fun to do. I have 3 more bulbs, so you'll see a few more of these. i hope.:}

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: