Wednesday, November 12, 2008

matchbox ornaments

My crafty friend at www.sarahiscrafty.com has done it again! She used the small ornament die from Quickutz Jolly set to make a cute little gift. But she made it even more delish by putting it in a match box cut out by her silhoutte machine.

here is my take on the whole thing. I made my own match boxes, as I don't own the silhoutte machine.
Sorry, the pictures are all backwards to how I wanted to present it. so you'll get the surprise first. :}

The paper is SU confetti CS. THe blue foil-y paper is from the dollar store. The snowflakes and swiss dot folders are from Cuttlebug.


The paper on this one is from Stampin' Up! DP mini book. I put a white circle inside as it is double sided paper and most of the insides are dark. This way, people can write easily inside.


The paper on these is last year's Basic Grey paper. Or is it from 2 years ago?! I don't know if it's still available this year. I had just enough scraps to make 4 each.


Here they are nestled snug in their beds....


And all boxed up.


These were really fun to make. i have more ideas for regular tags to put in these boxes. Gonna make some themes.. music, hockey, dance.

last night, I worked some more on my soldering skills. It's fun, but definitely a learning curve. The hardest part will be cutting the glass straight. It's cheaper than buying precut pieces and I'm not limited to the size of product I want to encase. i also want to do photo ornaments this way. We'll see how far all my plans get!

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: