Sunday, November 11, 2007

Golden pine cone



Here is a card made from SU's Peaceful Wishes. As versitile as this set is, I find I'm a little intimidated by it. there are just soo many possibilities and it's kind of a traditional style. I want to make it fancy.

Anyhow, The background DP is actually from a set of 8 cards from Michael's. To get my whole buck 50 worth of it, I've been cutting them in half and pasting them on the front of a plain card. I just can't trek off to Michael's every day.

Pine cone embossed with gold EP, the pine branches were stamped off, with the middle one done 1st and matted with gold paper. I wanted Peaceful wishes sentiment on the card without having to mat another piece of paper, so I stamped it on vellum. Was originally going to put it over the pine cone, but decided on the bottom of the pine brances. Attached the vellum with brads.

Thanks for looking.
Amanda

No comments: