Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Placemat Bag

Yep, you read it correctly. This bag was made from 2 placemats.
 I think it's from Pier One Imports. From a few years ago.

Note the side stitching. I use a double needle. It's so cool. Double the stitching for half the work and you don't have to worry about getting the lines straight. You do need 2 spools of top thread though and only 1 bobbin thread.
Instead of sewing right sides together and turning right side out, I overlapped the edges and sewed it that way.


Here is some beautiful embroidery on the side. 
 I couldn't find a nice handle, so I sewed some ribbon on cotton strapping. It's sturdy and I love how the flowers somewhat match the flower in the embroidery.
 I sewed a pocket and attached it to the top of the bag.
This will be a Teacher Gift for one of the kid's  and I'm finishing the other tomorrow. It's a lemon place mat. Same idea. Different logo. And you know, I will show it to you.

Have a good one,
Amanda

No comments: