Thursday, February 19, 2009

damask frame

I got this idea from Becky Oehlers at
http://hemidemisemiquaverdesignblog.com/2009/02/14/damask-designs/

I changed up the colour and had a different damask set from inkadinkado. Sorry for the dark photos. I missed my chance to get it in the sunlight this afternoon. I wanted to show you tonight.



To repeat her directions:
1. paint frame (from Michael's) with (green) paint. a few light coats. Go with the grain of the wood
2. stamp image with versa mark. you may do all of them if you work quickly.
3. heat emboss with clear embossing powder
4. paint light paint over top and wipe immediately with a paper towel. I wet a corner of the towel to go over the embossed parts to remove some of the paint.

i still need to sand the edges to distress it a bit more.
I'll be doing this project in the class I'm teaching on Sunday. If you're coming, I'll have a few more colours you can choose from. If you want a specific colour, email me your wishes.

Thanks for looking and go check out Becky's blog.

Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH AMANDA!!!! It came out SO WELL!!! Wasn't it easy?? I am so thrilled you tried it! It is rockstar!

Dona said...

Amanda - this is PERFECT for a coach's gift this year! This and the monkey card with the balloons...

I'd like to order one of each - let me know

Dona